To be in Kadikoy, which is within the borders of Istanbul, we recommend that you read this article.
Kadikoy is a district that is located in İstanbul city. One of the ancient settlements were done in Kadikoy region centuries ago by ancient civilizations.
The district is developed and modern city center in İstanbul with high population rate and economic, cultural activities which peoples interested in.
History of Kadikoy District
Kadikoy is and old and ancient settlement area. According to historical papers and searching results, the city was firstly built in BC. 675.
For the first time Phoenicians were built the city in Fikirtepe zone. The colony that was named as the Harhado, was settle there and lived there for an unspecified time.
Second settlement zone was also built across the fist ones with name of “Halkedon” in between Moda Burnu zone and Yogurtcu Zone.
Kadikoy was used as an area that horse races are held in.
After the year of 1960 Kadikoy got an important role for region and started to be leader of city for trade and service fields.
At that time in İstanbul other huge centers was Sirkeci, Karaköy, Eminönü and Beyoğlu zones.
Kadikoy had restricted area that was wanted to be enlarged by filling Haydarpaşa Cove.
Also at that time coast way was opened to service for regions residents. Both enlarging and opening a coast way, increased the value of Kadikoy.
In 1990’s Kadikoy was changed with different and new projects.
New apartments and office buildings were built and center of İstanbul city for job and culture activities slide to Kadikoy district.
Bahariye way was opened and that step totally changed the face of city.
Geographical Features District
- Kadikoy has an important place in İstanbul city among other different 39 districts.
It is located near to Marmara Sea therefore, developed cost and typical coast habit for fun continuous.
- Kadikoy district has 34 square meter area that is enlarged with famous Bağdat Street. E-5 highway passing from Kadikoy surroundings.
- The city has some special buildings and structures that make the city special in the region.
Developed transportation system, good level for both education and health care systems trade and industry center all make the city dissimilar.
Once Haydarpaşa Station was famous and active for railway transportation and Harem port and bus station are both situated in Kadikoy Zone.
- Even most developed economic activities are in industry field, also fun activities, serving fields, tourism, construction, transportation and textile activities are both developed in city.
This makes the Kadikoy livable for people due to having too much chance for employment.
- Kadikoy is located in Anatolian part of İstanbul and near to Marmara Sea.
In Kadikoy to Europe part passing ways and bridges can be seen easily.
Kadikoy is surrounded by Marmara Sea from south direction, Üsküdar and Ümraniye districts from north direction and Bostancı district from the east direction.
Kadikoy is one of the most privileged district due to its good location and having an international airport.
The city center also has many theatres, cinemas, university, art galleries and many other important things are available there at the same time.
Population of Disrict
Due to developed facilities Kadikoy has abundant of human dense for every single part. Even restricted area in Kadikoy many people wants to live and settle there.
According to last official statement, Kadikoy population is 451.453. In an ordinary day city population increased until over million people due to job possibilities.
Famous People Who Lives District
- Many pavilions and villas were built in Kadikoy near to Boshphorus and across to Marmara Sea. That takes attention of wealthy people in the region.
- In Ottoman time, many diplomat and public service officials which were in senior position, lived there.
- Sultan Abdülaziz who was Sultan of Ottoman Empire during 19th century, lived in Kurbağalıdere Pavilion in Kadikoy district once.
- Famous Author and actors were lived in Kadikoy district until today.
- Necip Fazıl who is famous with his poets and novels, Ahmed Haşim, Haldun Taner, Fazıl Hüsnü Dağlarca, Kemal Tahir, Faruk Nafiz Çamlıbel, Melih Cevdet Anday, Ahmed Rasim, Tekin Erer were lived in Kadikoy district for many years. These names are famous in Turkish Literature and Art by his/her works.
- Kadikoy city was hosted famous actor/actress and theatre artist.
One of the famous ones are Ökte Family, Lemi Atlı, Nureddin Şevkati, Kınar Hanım, Reşad Rıdvan Bey, Enise and Fulya Ladies, Fuad Sorguç, Selahaddin Pınar, Haluk Reaci, Nureddin Selçuk. Due to having magical scenery and natural structure many people preferred to settle in Kadikoy district.
- Other famous singer and actors who lived in Kadikoy district are, Osman Zeki Üngör, Suna Kan, Barış Manço, Leyla Pamir, Faruk Yener, Hulusi Öktem, Ziya Aydıntaş, and Zati Arca.
- Kadikoy was hosted very important art expert. Afife Jale who was an actress in 1920’s.
She performed in theatre scenes for many years. As a woman for the first time she was acted in a theatre show.
Also “Tatlı Sır” work was played in Apollon Theatre Saloon which is situated in Kadikoy.
As conclusion Kadikoy district witnessed to historical moments and hosted many famous art people.
Places to Visit District
- Kadikoy is an ancient and historical places where many old civilizations were lived there. After living many old ones, some residues show the value of city.
We can easily say for Kadikoy as a heritage of history. Kadikoy always be capital of art and cultural activities.
Minarets which rise towards to sky, old taps, church, Turkish Baths, parks, gulfs are made the city special around the region.
Haydarpaşa Station reflects the mentality of Turkish Architectural. They all part of art and pleasure of İstanbul.
- Kadikoy also hosts a famous football team of Fenerbahce over one hundred years in region.
Flowers and plants that make Kadikoy special and different for visitors especially during spring time.
The district also has special streetcar that reflects the old times.
- Kadikoy has Moda named neighborhood and ancient bazaar where regional and valued thigs are sold there.
Moda zone has peaceful atmosphere and amazing structures, touristic buildings and structures and other features effects people who visit the region.
- House for Sale Prices in Kadikoy
Average houses are built in 135 square meter. Last year with effect of inflation, house prices decreased with the percent of %0.03.
- Average Depreciation Time is 35 years
Unit price for each square is 7238 TL. Average depreciation time for same level houses is mostly over 35 years.
- Most Valued Houses
Koşuyolu, Osmanağa, Acıbadem, Fenerbahçe, Caddebostan neighborhoods are most valued areas according to in last one year record.
- Most Lost Valued Houses
Dumlupınar, Zühtüpaşa, Eğitim, Caferağa, Merdivenköy neighborhoods are most lost valued areas according to in last one year record.
- Earnings Too Fast with Houses
The fastest earning with capacity of depreciation are Fenerbahçe, Feneryolu, Caddebostan, Zühtüpaşa, Göztepe neighborhoods in turn.
- Earnings Too Slow with Houses
The slowest earning with capacity of depreciation are Hasanpaşa, Rasimpaşa, Osmanağa, Caferağa, Dumlupınar neighborhoods in turn.