Real estate residence in Turkey
To know the details of real estate residence and its details, we recommend you to read this article. If you own a property in Alanya Turkey we will arrange all paper works for living recidence.
Among the many types of stays in Turkey the name of real estate residency appeared in Turkey as one of the most important options for staying in Turkey legally and for a long time, and the importance of this type of stays We will explain to you in this article detailed information about real estate residency in Turkey, and for whom is granted? What are the steps to be followed while obtaining residency? The costs of this, along with other information of interest to you.
What is the real estate residence in Turkey?
Real estate residence in Turkey is a right of foreign real estate owners in Turkey, and it is granted by the immigration department in the state in which you own the property.
Duration of real estate residence in Turkey
The duration of real estate residence in Turkey is usually granted for one or two years, with the possibility to renew the property on an annual basis as long as the property is in the name of the resident person. This matter distinguishes real estate from tourism in Turkey, which makes it better than it in terms of the possibility to renew the residence annually without any complications or obstacles.
Conditions for obtaining real estate residence in Turkey
It is not required to obtain a real estate residence in Turkey unless it is a real estate intended for housing. As for the price of the property there is no minimum, any house in Turkey at any price authorizes you to obtain real estate residence directly, and in any state in which you want to own you can obtain real estate residence.
In addition to the above, any type of apartments in Turkey or villas allows you to obtain real estate residence in Turkey, and any space or style of apartments gives you the right to obtain this residence.
We can consider that the conditions of real estate ownership in Turkey are the same as the conditions for obtaining real estate residency, which are two basic conditions:
The foreigner should not be of the nationalities prohibited from owning real estate in Turkey, namely:
- North Korea.
- The property should not be within the restricted areas for possession for security or military reasons.
For those who are granted real estate residence in Turkey
The people who benefit from the right to obtain a real estate residence in Turkey after purchasing a residential property are:
- the owner of real estate.
- The wife of the property owner.
- The children of the property owner under the age of 18.
As for foreigners married to more than one wife, they can only grant real estate residency to one wife. As for the rest of the wives, they cannot obtain real estate residency for them on the same property.
As for children, even if they are more than one wife, they have the right to reside on the same property as their father, as long as they are under the age of 18.
For a divorced woman, after confirming the divorce in court, she is deprived of the right to a real estate residence on the same property as her ex-wife, but she is allowed to apply to change the residence to a tourist residence in Turkey and is usually granted for a period of only six months or a year as a maximum.
Also, for children over the age of 18, they cannot be added to the real estate residence on the same property as their father, and they can obtain:
- Initial tourist residence.
- Or student residence if they complete their studies in Turkish universities.
- Or establish a business.
- Or other real estate of their own.
- Or any other type of residence permit available to them in Turkey.
Steps to extract real estate residence in Turkey
The steps to obtain a residence permit are summarized as follows:
- Buying a property and getting a tapu document in Turkey.
- Reserve an appointment for residency and choose an item that owns a property in Turkey.
- Preparing the papers necessary for obtaining residency.
- Attend the interview on the date specified for you at the Immigration Department building and submit the necessary papers and documents.
- Paying the fees of real estate residence in Turkey.
- Awaiting approval by the Turkish Immigration Department as the residence card is sent via Turkish PTT.
- As for the renewal of the real estate residence, it is in the same steps, starting from reserving the appointment.
- for renewal to obtaining the real estate residence by Turkish Post PTT.
As for the companions of the real estate owner, such as the wife and children under the age of 18, they apply for real estate residency in one file with the real estate owner and they attend the interview together, and they are approved in one payment.
The papers necessary for obtaining real estate residency in Turkey
- Land Registry document in the name of the property owner.
- Earthquake insurance for the property DASK.
- Passport of the real estate owner and his companions, “The passport validity period must cover the required real estate residence period”.
- Family statement for children and wife translated into Turkish and certified by the Turkish embassy in the home country or from the Notre Service in Turkey.
- Health insurance covering the residence period of the property owner and the wife.
Children under the age of 18 do not require a health insurance policy. If the property owner or his wife is over the age of 65, they do not need a health insurance policy as well.
Real estate residence fees in Turkey
The fees for obtaining the real estate residence are divided according to the following:
Real estate purchase fees in Turkey
They differ according to the value of the property and its area, as well as the addition of the title deed, the issuance of the earthquake insurance policy, the extraction of the real estate appraisal documents and the energy identity of real estate in Turkey. Generally speaking, the total real estate ownership fees in Turkey are approximately 7-9% of the property price, meaning that if you buy a property in Turkey with a value of 100 thousand TL, you are obligated about 7 to 9 thousand TL as a fee to buy the property.
Health insurance fees in Turkey
The value of health insurance in Turkey differs due to two considerations:
- Age of a person.
- Number of years of insurance.
Health insurance is often required for one or two years.
The value of health insurance ranges from 100 to 500 pounds per person if the period of insurance is one year, and double this amount if the period is two years.
For children under the age of 18, when they are registered as accompanying the owner of the property, “their father or mother”, they are not required to have health insurance, and the spouses, any of them over the age of 65, are not required to have health insurance.
Residence tax in Turkey
It varies according to the nationality of the property owner and is paid in the “Immigration” Wish Department
Tax is paid for each person, whether the owner of the property, his wife or one of his children.
Its value ranges between 55 and 420 TL according to the nationality of the property owner as we mentioned.
There are several minor costs involved in translating documents and their “ratification” notes. They differ depending on the type of document.
Often, translating with a note costs no more than 200 pounds per document.
It is also possible to use a services bureau to book the residency appointment to avoid making mistakes while booking yourself, and offices and service companies usually charge a small fee, not exceeding 50 pounds.
Advantages of real estate residence in Turkey
Real estate residence in Turkey offers several advantages that the property owner in Turkey obtains, namely:
- Staying in Turkey during the legal stay.
- Granting real estate residence to the companions of the real estate owner “one wife and children under 18”
Annual renewal as a real estate.
- Movement between Turkish states without the need for a travel permit.
- After eighty residency in Turkey, you have the right to apply for long-term residence in Turkey.
- Real estate residency in Turkey is not granted. You did not obtain the right to obtain Turkish citizenship unless.
- the property price exceeded 250,000 USD, then the owner of the landlord becomes the owner of the application for Turkish citizenship.
In this article, we have provided the most important information and details that you need to know about real estate residence in Turkey as it has become one of the distinct options for staying in Turkey, especially after the recent Turkish laws that talk about requesting justifications from foreign people when requesting to extend the tourist residence, while extending real estate residence In Turkey, it does not need any justifications or complications.