Turkish Cuisine: Pide
Turkish cuisine varies in its dishes, and we will show you this dish.
As most people already know, Turkish cuisine is very rich with various dishes from different regions. While coastal areas such as the Aegean region mostly prefer vegetables cooked in olive oil, residents in the southeastern region of Anatolia mainly eat meat and cook animal fat dishes.
In addition to these wonderful tastes, there is salty baked goods, which is in the kitchens of all regions. It is called Pide, and it can be identified as salt dough with any kind of filling. Pide usually has a long and narrow shape. The basis is the dough, and sometimes it has very small edges, and sometimes wider. In some versions, it may even be stuffed. Traditionally, a brick or stone stove is used to make Pide in restaurants, but people use conventional home stoves at home.
Different flavors of pide
The history of Pide is unknown, but it has traditional and cultural significance in all regions. Here are some interesting facts and tips for Turkish Pide:
- When we say Pide, we usually mean meat topping and dough with lots of butter. However, today it is served with countless variations of the filling in different regions. Some regions would like to keep it in a traditional way and a meat pide. Others may prefer servings with cheese, vegetables like mushrooms and spinach, and herbs like parsley.
- Pide’s cultural tradition is that it is the main food that brings people together. His meetings at various social events, funerals, some celebrations, etc.
- Pide is hard to do at home. When people want to reconcile their dinners with Pide. This mixture is brought to the Pide Restaurant and ordered Pide. Traditional Pideas with different flavors are served at a cheaper price.
- In all cities of Turkey there are large restaurants that serve only Pide. In addition, almost all Kebab restaurants serve Pide along with a variety of kebabs. Pide can also be found in small pastries, as well as in street eateries.
- In Turkey, Pide is widely used in all regions of the country. Any place you visit in Turkey has a cheap place to serve this delicious food. Therefore, this should be the first preference of people who visit Turkey on a budget.